Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hardly worth mentioning

Today I am sick. Apparently a super nasty flu has been floating around Portland. Right now, I just feel like I have a head cold, but I have been feeling increasingly worse as the day goes on... let's hope that now that I am in bed with some good tea that this is as bad as it gets and it doesn't escalate into the death-bug that so many others have had this winter.

That is why this will be a quick post to show you a little project that doesn't need much explanation (or deserve much praise).

IMG_0754

It's a crocheted pot holder. It's made from di. Ve Fiamma which is a super bulky think-thin wool. I didn't use a pattern, just the instructions for crocheting in the round from the Stitch n' Bitch Happy Hooker book. It's felted a bit. I put it through one wash cycle which shrunk it about 15%, though most of the stitch definition is still there. Now it is slightly firmer making it more suitable for it's purpose. Here it is before felting/shrinking... Can you see the difference?

IMG_0713

My brother has been using an old t-shirt as a pot holder/oven mitt for a while, so I gave this to him when he moved to his new apartment as a housewarming gift. He said the blue made it a sufficiently masculine pot holder to warrant a place in his kitchen, though he expressed his desire that if I make another it incorporate dinosaurs in some way. If I didn't have so many other projects on the needles right now, I might step up to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment