Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Christmas Miracle

This sweater is my Christmas miracle... or rather the fact that this sweater is done on time. I started knitting this baby in late November, just before Thanksgiving. School was so busy that I was only able to finish one sleeve and get part of another done before winter break started. I had hoped to be well into the body by then. December 11th I flew home and in 13 days I finished the other sleeve, then the back, then the front. I worked on this thing from 8:30 am until 11:00 at night yesterday finishing the shaping of the V-neck then seaming then whole thing together. This is Twisted from the More Big Girl Knits book and it is a wonderful pattern. The yarn is Swish Worsted from Knitpicks. I love the finished product and now I want to figure out how to down-size it to fit me. I washed the sweater by hand last night then threw it in the dryer (gotta love superwash!) I pulled it out when it was about 90% dry and laid it flat over night. I woke up sneaky-early this morning boxed it, wrapped it, and got it under the tree. My mom has been seeing me knit this all break (too much to do to hide it from her) but I told her it was for me. She was totally shocked when she opened the box this morning. The sweater fits amazingly. I called my dad from school and had him measure one of my mom's other sweaters so I had pretty good numbers to start with. Here it is, the first two pictures are very accurate of the yarn color, the third is a bit washed out.


This project has been all-consuming so all my other WIPs are still on the needles. I just cast on today a pair of fingerless mittens that I'm going to mail up to my grandma but I only got about three rounds into them before I had to take a break from knitting. A few days of some other hobby are in order I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment