Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Not much progress...

So last week I felt very productive, knitting-wise, because I used my knitting to avoid a lot of stuff for school... This week, of course, I had to work out all the school stuff (of which there is still much more left) and so didn't knit much.

I got one sleeve of my Climbing Vines Pullover (rav link) done, but it only has 3/4 length selves so it went very fast. Here's the finished sleeve:

IMG_0377

It's pretty impossible to get a picture of what this yarn actually looks like. It's definitely not the bright red that this picture makes it looks like. It's much darker and a little more maroon.

I also finished the Burger and a Movie Scarf (rav link) that I have been working on all year. It's blocking right now, but not dry yet. Here's a picture of it all pinned down.

IMG_0372

My scarf in all it's Noro-glory. Actually, in three skeins I only found one knot, which, for Noro, is pretty good. I used up pretty much every last inch of yarn. Here's all that was left.

IMG_0376

Because of blocking the scarf ended up being about 5.5 feet which for me is a bit short of a scarf, but I figure this will just be a tuck-under-the-coat type scarf. I'll probably leave it with Andrew since he still has one more Wisconsin winter in front of him.

I got my knitpicks order that had all the shipping problems today! I had ordered the Montavilla Market Bag kit which comes with four skeins of the new Simply Cotton organic undyed yarn. It's so fantastically soft, I just keep petting the yarn. I actually cast on for the bag as soon as I opened the package but I only have 4 row knit so I didn't think it quite merrited a picture... This is going to knit slowly because I'll just be petting the yarn so much of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment