Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Heaven

I debated about posting about this since it's not really far enough to have any good pictures, but this project is so heavenly I thought I would share the love.  I've been working on the Dahlia Cardigan for the past few weeks on and off and every time I pick up the project it's pure bliss.

I'm not very far along because I have other projects that "need" to be done so I've been trying to be good and focus on them and only work on this every once a while but just look how lovely it is so far:

IMG_1291



That is almost all of the lace pannel for the back of the cardigan.  The lace is pretty simple but you have to keep track of where you are in the pattern since it is repeated 4 times every row.  The pattern starts with this fun bit a lace that is just the right amount of challenge, then changes to easy-breezy stockinette for the rest of the pattern with some interesting construction elements thrown in.

The pattern, as written, has long square fronts which look cute on some, but I'm not really into the flowing -front style that is so popular right now.  I plan to do some short-row experimentation and see if I can get a more typical cardigan style shaping.

The pattern is fun, but the real reason this project is heavenly to work on is the yarn.

IMG_1290

This is String Theory Caper Sock.  Heaven.  This is hands down my favorite yarn.  Better than Malabrigo.  Better than Madeline Tosh.  It's the perfect.  By clicking that link, and looking at the pictures above, you can see that their colors are absolutely amazing.  Sadly, what the pictures can't show you is how amazing this yarn feels.  The yarn is 80% merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon.  It's so amazingly squishy and soft and snuggly and makes perfect plump squooshy stitches that just look happy.

The other two projects that I'm working on that "need" to be done sooner than later are some socks for my grandma to keep her feet warm this winter (she is having circulation issues and always has cold hands and feet) and a set of market bags for my mother that are long long long over due...  I try to work on those most of the day and just get a few guilty-pleasure rows of this cardigan in before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, one of the sample sweaters I knit for Hannah Fettig's new book was in Caper Aran and it was so wonderful to work with. And the stitches are so beautifully even in stockinette, too.

    ReplyDelete