Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

As promised

I got out in the sunlight today and snapped a few pictures of Arroway looking good.  Now that the knitting is further behind me and I've worn it and felt how warm and plush it is and I've seen the colors in the sunlight I'm a lot happier with it than I was at the moment of bind off.

IMG_0413

This is the second installment from the Stephen West Westknits Shawl Club.  The yarn this time around was from Lorna's Laces in their Shepherd Sock line.  The colors are mossgatherer and newsprint (I'll let you decide which is which.)  It's definitely not as soft as the Tosh Merino Light from the last club installment but the yarn is plumper and has a more substantial feel.

IMG_0412

I hated every minute of making these arrows.  Stranding on the wrong side is exceedingly painful and even seven rows was almost too much.  It also gives the shawl a right side and a wrong side as you can see in the first picture.  Now that its done and blocked and the arrows don't look as messy I'm much more pleased with it.  I used all but about 7 yards of the main color, so be careful using anything with less than 420 yards per skein.  The pattern and the yarn will be available to non club members in May.  Can't wait to see what February brings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment