Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Same Thing

Remember last post when I showed you this hat?

IMG_0558

Well, my new FO is this hat.

IMG_0562

IMG_0563



I promise, those really are two different hats. The gray yarn in the second hat is totally different from the gray yarn in the first hat. If you remember, my dad asked me to make a replica of the first hat so his running buddy could have one. I had run out of the gray from the first hat (Wave by Filatura Di Corsa) and decided to sneakily sub something from my stash for the second hat instead of buying more new yarn and breaking my yarn fast even more. In my stash I found some Knit Picks Pallette in Ash and decided to just hold it double to get gauge. When I showed the Palette to my Dad the first time around he said it wouldn't work, too scratchy. Now that both hats are done (and I told him I used the same yarn) he can't tell them appart, except that he knows that one is a bit shorter. The first one came out a little big, so for the second I knit the whole hat on size 6 needles instead of changing to 7s after the ribbing. Both hats are Turn a Square by Jared Flood aka Brooklyn Tweed. It's not a bad pattern, but I really didn't enjoy making the exact same thing twice in one week.

In other news, I've joined the cult of Ishbel and cast on one of my own.

IMG_0564

I have no idea what size I'm going to make because the yarn I'm using was hand spun for me and I got it in a swap. It didn't come with any label so all I know is that it's 65-ish grams of lace-weight wool. My friend finished the biggest size with just over 50 grams of lace so I'm hoping I can make the big one. As of now I'm just short of the small stockinette section. I'm planning on putting a life-line in there and then continuing on till I have enough for the large stockinette section (just in case I have to do some ripping back due to yardage limitations). It's going really fast right now but that's because it's just stockinette so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment