Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

11,677

According to Ravelry, there are 11,677 finished Clapotis. Of course those are only the Clapotis that are recorded on Ravelry. There are plenty of people who don't have all their projects recorded, and plenty of knitters not on Ravelry. This is one of the most prolific knitting patterns that I know of. It's from the Fall 2004 issue of knitty so there's been many years for FOs to accrue.

IMG_0271



I have been looking for something to do with this yarn for a long time. It's Knit Picks Shimmer 70% Alpaca 30% Silk. The colorway is called Deep Woods. This colors has been discontinued for a long time. I bought it when it was being clearanced back in the fall of 2007. Now, most of the Shimmer colors have subtle color changes, but back then they were much more drastic like this yarn.

IMG_0264

This yarn is beautiful, but it was really difficult to come up with a project to use it one since the drastic color changes pretty much obscure any lace pattern. This turned out to be perfect because it still has a lacy feel to it and accentuates the drape of the yarn but there's no pattern to be obscured.

IMG_0268

I held the yarn double throughout the project to give me a fingering weight yarn. The pattern calls for a worsted yarn, but I didn't want to make such a big shawl. I like this much more as a wide scarf or a narrow shawl than the full width--mine is only 18" wide rather than the 24" that a worsted weight would give. Held double this took just under 3 balls of yarn.

This is the last FO I have to show you, I just unpinned it from the blocking board this morning. Tomorrow I'll start showing you the 9 WIPs I've got on the needles right now... I've told myself that I have to finish two WIPs before I can cast anything new on. This counts as one, we'll see what manages to get done next.

No comments:

Post a Comment