Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

WIPs march of shame (part seven - the finale)

Hello friends! I have one last WIP to show you and then you are all caught up on my knitting exploits (except for one project that I can't share with you until I finish completely because it is somewhat secret).

Anyway, you'll never guess what this is.

IMG_0233



I know it's impossible to tell from that tiny little strip but that is the infamous Baby Surprise Jacket by the infamous Elizabeth Zimmerman. I am knitting mine from this:

IMG_0244

It is a Knit Picks Sock Blank that was dyed for me in the Dyed Sock Blank Swap on ravelry. This blank was dyed for me by schknitz of ravelry. I think it looks like a watercolor of a sunset when knit up.

I started this on a whim (wanted to make one of the great patterns and thought it would go fast--I'm knitting with two strands held together) but haven't made much progress as you can see. It's not that there's anything wrong with the pattern, I happen to love garter stitch. It has, however, become painfully obvious to me after looking at other people's renditions of this sweater that I'm going to run out of yarn.

Rather than undo what little I've already done, I think I'll add stripes as so many before me have done. I'm just not sure what will stripe well with this yet... I'll have to spend some time with the stash and pull out something more neutral to tone down the loud colors.

Recently, most of my attention has been devoted to the secret project which I will let you all know about shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment