Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

WIPs march of shame (part six-second to last post of shame!)

Alright, we're moving [moderately] swiftly through my embarrassingly long list of WIPs and we come now to the penultimate project of shame.

These mittens were started at the end of April right as finals-studying was getting interesting (the complexity of the project shows the depth of my denial.)

IMG_0234



This pattern is NHM #14 by Terri Shea from the book Selbuvotter: Biography of a Knitting Tradition. I love the colorwork mittens in this book and how they're all tied to history. The yarn I'm using is Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift in Yellow Ochre and Grouse. This yarn is splendidly rustic and though it is not at all soft, I love the texture of it so much I don't think I will be bothered having it's "scratch" on my hands.

I'm slightly worried that these will come out very small. Even though my gauge is correct, they look tiny even for my small hands. The last colorwork mittens I made grew a ton after being washed, so I'm just assuming it's a weird consequence of colorwork in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment