Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pride!

I'm so proud of this little project. It's made from my very first skein of handspun yarn.

IMG_0439

IMG_0438



The pattern is Cherry Garcia by Adrian Bizilia and it's free through ravelry. The second picture shows the color better, but the first shows the cable pattern. I only had enough yarn to make it two cables tall instead of three, but the yarn is so bulky it is the right height anyway.

IMG_0437

I'm guessing my handsupn was only about 80 yards because some of it was so bulky. Here is what it looked like in the skein.

IMG_0395

It's very hard to take pictures of yourself without making weird faces...

IMG_0434

IMG_0436

Also, with my face shape, a cowl might not be the most flattering winter garment... it sort of gives me that "fatface" look since it doesn't hug my neck. Fatface aside, I love this project and will be wearing a lot this winter as the temps dip lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment