Proof that Ryan and I both graduated.
Proof that Adam woke up early enough to make it to the 10:30 am ceremony.
Even though I have been in the black hole of bar-study land, I have still been knitting. In fact, I get a lot of knitting done because there are 3 to 4 hours of lecture every day and knitting through the lecture is about the only thing that keeps me awake. I've got a sock quite near completion and today I cast off my Dahlia Cardigan.
hated was not fond of the front of this cardigan, so I used decreases and short rows to heavily modify it. The magazine actually does not show any straight-on photos of the front, so I didn't know I hated it until it started popping up in people's finished projects on Ravelry. Normally I have a one-year rule: never knit anything until the pattern has been out for at least a year that way all the mistakes can be found by others and it will become readily apparent if it looks terrible on actual people. I didn't follow this rule and cast on as soon as the magazine arrived. I was about halfway through the back before I started to realize that I hated the front.
My desire was to turn it from the weird hang-y thing that the pattern creates if you knit it as-written into something resembling a traditional cardigan. I will know to what extent I succeeded when it is dry and I am able to try it on. It was too curled up after knitting to see how it would actually hang, so I really have no idea what I'm going to get. I can already tell that the neck will not be 100% what I would have wanted, but I think to truly "fix" the pattern I would have had to write a completely new pattern (as opposed to half a completely new pattern.)