Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Monster!

Long long time ago (winter 2012) I joined Stacey Trock's (who designed under the name FreshStitches) kit club. Ever other month for 3 months she mailed out a kit for a cute stuffed crochet toy. I had good intentions, but almost two years later two of the three kits are still tucked away unopened.

The last kit mailed out was for Amigurumi Roosevelt the Monster and it came with a ball of yarn that changed colors slowly. This cute little guy was enough to make me pick up a hook and get to work.


The color changing yarn was very pretty, but it actually changed a little too slowly for this little guy. I knit the ears, eyes, and just started the first leg before the first color change, and the second color took me all the way through the rest of the project. I didn't even get to the third or fourth colors. 

I grew up in the 90s so this guy always makes me think of the cartoon Aaahh! Real Monsters, doesn't he remind you a little bit of Krumm? 

I sprayed him with catnip spray so he's a favorite around her. That photo was taken when he was brand new, but he's got a lovely halo of cat hair always, no matter how many times I take him out on the balcony and shake him out.    

No comments:

Post a Comment