Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Some Actual Knitting

Alright, so now that you've been apprised of my new house and my major yarn-related outing it's probably about time for me to tell you about so actual knitting that I've done. First, though I know it doesn't look like it, I've made some progress on my Op Art blanket.

IMG_0575

The last time I showed this to you there was a giant tail of circular needle sticking out because I was magic-looping it on a 60" needle. Now the entire needle has stitches around it and it's not even half the total number of stitches. I'll probably not show you any more pictures of it until I get it off the needle since it will just look like a bigger and bigger wad of knitting. If you really care a lot you can keep up with the progress on the side bar.

Next are a couple of FOs. The first was actually finished in time for me to wear to sock summit, which was very lucky because they're probably my "funnest" pair of socks yet.

IMG_0566

They are just a basic sock with a short-row heal. I decided to try the short-row heal because it is supposed to be the best kind of heal for striped yarn because it doesn't screw-up your stripe length like a heal with a gusset does. I don't much like it but at least I learned a new skill. The yarn is Knit Picks Felici in colorway Coney Island.

Finally, I finished my Ishbel shawl two days ago and it finally finished blocking this morning. It's made from yarn that someone handspun and sent to me as part of a swap. I managed to make the full large size with the yarn and still have about 15% of the skein left. It's not made from very soft wool but I can wear it with no problem.

IMG_0585


I never know exactly how to wear shawls but I enjoy making them and they make good gifts so I guess my lack of fashion sense isn't really a problem. Next post I'll tell you all about the new house guests.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, another Ishbel to add to the thousands. Wasn't it fun? New house guests?! Are they mice, or worse... *gasp* wool moths?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heels on your socks look great and your shawl is beautiful. I'm not always sure how to wear some things I make either, or maybe, when I should wear them. I like how you have those widgets in the sidebar that tell how far along you are in a project.

    ReplyDelete