Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Quickie (HA!) scarf

This scarf is supposed to be really quick to crochet.  I think for a normal crocheter it would be pretty quick... I'm on the slow side.  I also think that for a slowish crocheter who practices some degree of project monogamy it would be quick.  Monogamy (toward fiber projects) is impossible not my strong suit.  So here is my quickie scarf, completed in just under three months. 

IMG_0804

The patter, which is super easy, is here on the Yarnia blog.  I used on cone of a Yarnia house blend called Union.  It is comprised of one strand of honey brown plushy rayon chenille, one strand of shimmery gold rayon, and two strands of honey brown wool.  I just worked until I didn't have enough yarn to do another full repeat.  (I know it's the kind of pattern that you can stop in the middle of a repeat, but that just feels weird.)

IMG_0799

This give a pretty accurate picture of the depth of color the three different materials/colorways give the finished project.  This scarf is super plushy due to the combination of the chenille and the natural plumpness of crochet.  Sadly, while just a few weeks ago we had freezing temps, the weather has warmed here (of course it got warm, I just finished a scarf) and I don't know if I will get to wear this before next winter...  I'm always finishing projects such that I get to wear them the season after I finish them, never right away.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment