Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Archer

I know I never managed to blog about it, while it was in progress, but I participated in the Fresh Stitches Mystery Crochet A Long.

As it turns out, the finished amigurumi was this adorable puppy dog: Archer.

IMG_1041

Stacey Trock, who designs under the name Fresh Stitches, has many absolutely adorable crochet toy patterns, and I knew I would probably love any pattern she came up with, so I signed up for the CAL. 

I never actually got around to taking pictures of the pieces before I assembled Archer, but I can tell you I wasn't sure what I making right up to the last minute. 

IMG_1043

I used one of the yarns recommended by Stacey in the pattern: Ella Rae Classic. It's a workhorse 100% wool and we happened to be clearing it out at the shop. The colors I used are the aptly named 107 and 135. 

IMG_1044

I used Suncatcher Eyes (also recommended by Stacey) in the color shimmer blue. They're fairly inexpensive and very pretty. I bought 5 pairs in various colors, so I see more little toys in my future. 

IMG_1046

In other hobby news, I'm almost done reading A Christmas Carol. I started before Christmas when I was in a holiday mood, but still have about 30 pages left. I'm slow, what can I say. It'd been a while since I'd read anything of "substance." Lots of light and fluffy, even some racy, but nothing hearty. If I go too long without reading something substantial, the English major in me gets antsy and overly critical of my "fun" reading. Hopefully a little Dickens will apease it and keep it from making too much of a fuss when I pick up The Woodcutter when I'm finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment