Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Elektra

Remember how I mentioned how once the knit a longs are over, I tend to not focus on the projects so much, in favor of new exciting things... Meet exhibit B.

Untitled

This is what I have of Elektra by Romi Hill. It's from her Year One collection of 7 Small Shawls. I really love her year one and year two. Year three is about half released so far and I'm not loving it so much, but I'm very glad to have the first two years. 

It's a generously sized beaded shawl. It's written for fingering weight yarn, but I'm using Dream In Color Baby which is a heavy lace weight. I'm using the baby because it's easier to get the beads on the slightly finer yarn. See the beads?

Untitled

This one is in deep storage for a while (which is a shame because it's on my size 4 signature needles.) I just have quite a lot of projects that are more important than this one. I'm sure I'll get back to it someday...

2 comments:

  1. That yarn looks like a good one, is it very soft? The beads really compliment the project and the colorway you picked. Maybe you could do one row a day? Thats what I do with really annoying projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. soo much garter! hmm nice pattern though...

    ReplyDelete