Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Skew

For a while I was knitting Skew by Lana Holden. I've loved the pattern ever since I saw it in the Winter 2009 Knitty. I especially love the versions that I've seen in self striping yarn.

When a Skein of Cannon Hand Dyes Jane Self Striping yarn in the colorway Love's Labor Lost came into my possession via the awesome Laurie, I knew it would become Skew eventually.

Eventually, has turned out to be right. Since September I'm....

IMG_0945

That far. Which is to say, not far. As a bouns, on my left foot you can see my icky surgery scar from the 2008 osteotomy (aka the Great Foot Straightening), and on my left foot you can see my hairy big toe. Sexy Lady. 

An interloper (or several) came between me and these lovely socks and I haven't made it back to them. Also, since I've been working at the yarn shop during the regular sock hour, I don't have that time set aside to dedicate to them anymore. I really do need to give my neglected WIPs some love. They're all projects I like. I'm just... easily distracted.

Speaking of easily distracted, on the reading front I'm STILL reading Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell by Susanna Clarke. I do like the book, I really do, but I keep putting it down for sexier, flashier, quicker reads. According to Goodreads, I started reading this in March... and according to my Kindle (which I have named Anthony because it's fun to call things by a proper name) I'm only 40% through. Now it's about 1,000 pages so 40% is like reading two little books, but still... Also, the last 10% or so of the book is footnotes, and I've read a lot of the footnotes already, but they don't count in the 40% since it measures from the page you are on looking back. I like it when I flip to the footnotes and it tells me I'm 96% done. A girl can dream. 

3 comments:

  1. oohh what a great pattern. Nearly makes me want to knit some socks... nearly :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to like that book; I tried really hard and for an extended amount of time. It didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to knit Skew for quite a while, but just can't start on it for some reason. Which is the opposite of my usual problem! I loved Jonathan Strange, but, like you, it did take me a while to get through it

    ReplyDelete