Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

The day of no knitting

Classes started back up today.  I've had three weeks off from school.  I had to work the first week, so that wasn't "really" vacation, but the past two weeks have been blissfully free of all obligations.  Or, at least, I unashamedly ignored all the obligations I could have/might have had.  I did a lot of fun things.  Spent some wonderful time with my family and with Ryan.  And, I knit.  I knit a lot.  I knit for at least an hour EVERY DAY.  It was wonderful.  I throughly reconnected with everything I love about knitting.

Today, there was no knitting.  The alam went off and I was up and off to class, then another class, then another class, then another class.  I had to spend my breaks between classes finding out where to go, trying to remember material already half-forgotten, and eating those pesky meals my body seems to demand every so often.

After classes, I went to the gym.  It's extremely temping to skip this step in favor of sitting on the couch in a knitting stupor watching Star Trek Voyager reruns, but the life of a student is pretty sedentary and precautions must be taken against melding into the furniture I spend so much time sitting on to read/study.

Now that I'm finally home I'm tired, both mentally from school and physically from the gym and I have to wake up early to be at work tomorrow.  This means to get my full 8 hours (I really like 8 hours, 7 is passable, 6? well, I refer you to the tile of this blog) I have to be asleep 50 minutes from now.

I'm going to knit a round on the fingerless gloves I showed you yesterday in protest of my awful schedule, just so I can say I did some knitting today, but it's just not the same now that there are obligations and responsible bed times looming over me.  Friday can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment