Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Surgery

Earlier this month I showed you the little boo boo I made on my Dahlia Cardigan.  Basically, I attached on of the back panels 180 degrees from how I should have.

IMG_0290

Today was the day I decided to fix it.  To create the back strips you use a provisional cast on at the center and knit out in both directions.  To fix my boo boo, I started by unpicking one of the ends from the center so that I had two sets of live stitches.  


I rotated the sides until there was no longer a mobius in the middle of my back.  Then I kitchner-ed the live stitches back together.


All in all, it took about an hour.  Not as much lost time as if I had to frog back to my original incorrect join.  I completed the right sleeve today and have just started the left.  Currently my fronts are on holders because I don't like the original shaping of the front and I'm brainstorming how to fix it.  Suggestions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment