Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Most of a mitt

My Winter Twilight Mitts have been trucking along nicely.  All that is missing from the first one is the ribbing at the top of the thumb.

IMG_0308

My Christmas gift to myself this year was an iPad.  One of the best apps I've found so far is GoodReader.  It is a PFD reader and editor and it is great for knitting patterns.  I can "mark up" a PDF of a pattern, highlight the size I'm making, or follow along in my chart.  I can draw a line on the chart and move it as needed when I complete a row.  It's been so helpful for keeping my place as I pick up and put down this project.

picnikfile_QzEXeG

Since I can't really watch TV while I work on these, I've been taking them to knit-chat or working on them while listening to an audio book.  I just finished listening to the Hunger Games and loved it.  It's very similar to Battle Royale (which I also loved) plot-wise--bunch of kids forced to fight to the death by a ruthless government.  If you don't like violence/are squeamish I'd advise against picking this one up.  Otherwise it's totally enthralling from about 20 minutes (couldn't tell you in pages) onward.  I really want to start the next one, but it's only available in hardcover (don't like buying hardcover books) and I don't get my next audible credit until the 22nd.  Resisting the urge to just buy it anyway.  I got the book per a recommendation on the Yarn Harlot's blog then 2 days later learned they are making it into a movie.  I can't wait to see how true they stay to the book.  They did a great job with Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, so I have a bit of faith in Hollywood right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment